31st August is a date that bears a great significance to all Malaysians. This year, our beautiful country will hit its 64th anniversary of National Day, with ‘Malaysia Prihatin’ remaining as its celebration theme. As we are all aware that Malaysia is still fighting against the COVID-19 outbreak and thus, this year’s National Day will be celebrated on a moderate scale with no physical presence of the public. However, we should not let COVID-19 dampen our spirit of National Day and from expressing our love and patriotism for the country. Let us remain united as one strong nation, doing our parts to break the virus transmission with full compliance and cooperation adhering to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as set by the government.
Here’s a list of things you can do to commemorate Malaysia’s National Day 2021 at home:
- Fly the ‘Jalur Gemilang’ Flag outside of your home.
- Cook Malaysian dishes or delicacies.
- Watch patriotic films or Malaysian movies with your family.
- Take a virtual tour at MinNature Malaysia with founder, Cheng Huat, happening from August 31 to September 16, 2021 as he takes you to watch amazing sights and scenes of Malaysia virtually depicted in stunning miniature inspired by Malaysia’s rich and diverse history and culture. Visit Minnature or CelebrateMalaysia.
- Read books on Malaysian history.
We hope that you would be able to evoke your patriotic spirits with the suggested listing above and by staying home, you are contributing to the recovery of our nation against the COVID-19 pandemic. Happy National Day 2021, Malaysia!