The Reference and Information Services Desk/Counter of the Kota Kinabalu Sabah State Library Headquarters is located on level 3 of the building.
Please see here for location of all collections. The collections are strictly for reference purposes and cannot be taken out of the library.
If you encounter any difficulty, please see the reference librarian on duty or write to us at the following address:
- Reference and Information Services Division
Sabah State Library
Locked Bag 2023
88999 Kota Kinabalu
Reference services is opened to all Sabah State Library members.
INTER-LIBRARY LOAN SERVICE
The Interlibrary loan service is confined within the Sabah State Library network comprising of HQ, regional and branch libraries only.
Interlibrary loan service with other libraries will be processed under the Information Delivery System (SPP) generated by the Malaysian National Library.
Interlibrary loan is also available under the U-Pustaka service. Please kindly see our reference librarian for assistance.
The Reference Collection available in the Sabah State Library HQ:
- Chinese Adult Reference
- Companies Annual Report
- English Adult Reference
- Malay Adult Reference
- Malaysiana (any publications on Malaysia)
- Prospectus (Local and Foreign)
- Telephone Directories
- Travel Brochures Collection
- Back issue journals and magazines
- Educational Packages (school projects to cater for PMR, SPM and STPM)
- Government Publications
- Law Collection
- Local History Collection
- Newspaper Cuttings
- Quick Reference Collection (Dictionaries, etc)
- Red Spot Collection (Guidebook for secondary school students)