Every year on 10th of October, World Mental Health Day is celebrated at the initiative of the World Federation of Mental Health. The World Health Organization supports this initiative through raising awareness on mental health issues using its strong relationships with the Ministries of health and civil society organizations across the globe. WHO also develops technical and communication material and provides technical assistance to the countries for advocacy campaigns around the World Mental Health Day.
Join us, on 10 October this year, in “40 seconds of action” to raise awareness of the scale of suicide around the world and the role that each of us can play to help prevent it.
Malaysia also celebrate World Mental Health Day on the same day as the rest of the world. Below are some links that you might find informative about the Mental Health situation in Malaysia.
- Malaysia Mental Health Association Official Site
- World Mental Health Day 2020 Official Site
- Health Minister: Some 4.2mil Malaysians living with mental health issues
- Resolving mental illness issues in Malaysia
- Understanding Mental Illness
- More Information on Suicide Prevention
We have also listed a few titles in the library regarding mental health that you might find useful.