Wealth of Knowledge in Chinese Herbs
reviewed by Rafiqa Kamaruddin, Sabah State Library Headquarters
For thousands of years, Chinese medicinal herbs have existed since the Han Dynasty that was passed down to many generations and widely used around the world. I have always been interested in Chinese herbs for it’s a natural remedy in maintaining general health and disease prevention.
I’ve finally found a book that suits me at my beginner’s reading level on this subject. It is a very simple, easy and informative cookbook that is able to quench my curious mind. This book comes in dual language, Chinese and English, and realistic pictures of the herbs so you won’t get it wrong when you shop.
In this book you will find descriptions of :
- The natures in Chinese Herbs
- Five tastes in those herbs
- Simple explanation of treatment according to our body constitution
- 40 most commonly used Chinese herbs with its properties, usage, functions and contradictions
- Few herbal tea recipes that are easy to follow
Because of this book, I can now enjoy some of my favourite red date tea.